Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Singapore Trip: Anime Festival Asia 2010 (AFA X)


First day at AFA X! Can't contain my excitement anymore! X3
(cosplayed as Magnet Gakupo)


In my last entry, I talked about my ventures in Singapore, The Lion city.

Now, I'm going to show you some awesome stuffs that I saw and experienced in Anime Festival Asia 2010 in the Suntec Convention Hall. It was my first time to attend a cosplay event outside the country. I wasn't really sure what to do and what to expect in the cons in Singapore but what I do know is that I'm really going to see some jaw-dropping cosplays, cosplayers and cosplay photographers. I was even hoping that I could get a glimpse with Kaname and May'n. I have to admit that I do take some of my inspirations and motivations from some Singaporean cosplayers and I really can't wait to meet some of them personally. I wasn't even sure what to cosplay in the event but what mattered to me most was that I would be able to have fun with my friends, meet great people, meet new friends and experience the fun and culture of a Singaporean cosplay convention.

Take 1 (; ' 3')~


Take 2~ (O , O)!~
photobomb expertise!!! XD

Take 3! Thank goodness! hahaha kulet~ XP
Afa Day 1 with (from left) Romeo, Ami chan, Yuu chi and Andre.


A quick shoot that we had before going upstairs in the event. (Thanks z3ll for the pic)


Met Jesuke in person for the first time.
Actually, before that, I met her via Shoti's cellphone...gah!! but then again I made a fool out of myself there! T3T but she is sooooo nice!!!


and look!! We saw our group!!! hahaha
So nice of them to adopt me and Yuu in ther group! La li ho!!! XD


Yay!!was able to meet the famous Hexlord too! He's one of the cosplay photographers that I truly admire since his works are truly breath-taking.
He also took a shot of me and Yuu~ (no copy yet) but I felt my heart pounding but at the same time quite happy that he took a shot of us. It's really different if the person taking the shot of you is one of your idol cosplay photographers. Thank you Hexlord!


Even Shoti got a fansign from him during our dinner after the 1st day of the event.!~
Hexlord: "Can you hear me Shoti?" XD
and of course~ the epic photobomb master Romeo at the back~ LOL
(at Romeo: Dood! I keep seeing you in most of my pics. LOL! you're gooooood!!XD )

======================================================================

And now, for the 2nd Day of the event and the day of the cosplay competition.
and here are the representatives.
Team Drachen from Thailand.
Team Defense Devil from Singapore
Team Chris and Joey from Malaysia
Team Komutoku from Indonesia
Team Bajina (My "Mameh" Sese and Kune) from Philippines.

We had a hard time going to the convention center since it was raining so hard. It was so difficult to call a taxi or ride a train.
The last choice that we had was to go outside and find a taxi ourselves...
in our costumes~ =3=



I cosplayed as Madam Red on the second day.
My friends also had their costumes on in the hostel already. So imagine us with our costumes walking outside in public in the strong rain getting a taxi.
Fuaa!~ It was really a hassle but as proud cosplayers, we held our chin high even though people were already staring at us.
Heck! we won't let the rain stop us from going to the convention center and miss to watch the competition. ^ o^// Go team Philippines!!
*BURNING FIGHTING SPIRIT!*


but apparently, we arrived late in the cosplay competition. hahaha~
*BURNING FIGHTING SPIRIT.....LOST!!* ahahaahaha XD
but t'was okay! We, did get to see one of the competitors which is Team Indonesia.
and thanks to Hexlord, we got to see some videos like from the Team Philippines. Thanks Hexlord!

Here are the videos that he took.


and there's Aira! She's quite pretty! X3


and here's Kaname! *somebody give me a fan! a fan I tell you!*~ @_@

we didn't get to finish the competition but I know that every team gave their best in their presentations and that makes our support and attendance worthwhile.
Congratulations to everyone!
Congratulations also to Team Thailand for winning the first place, Team Indonesia for the second place and Team Singapore for the third place. ^o^// woot!


Lucky Sese and Kune plus Pepz and Jess got to meet Aira in person. *Spaz!* \(* o*)/
(Thanks to Sese and Pepz for this pic)


and *asalsasyuwyeq&^&&* Kaname too!!! *spazzes more!!!* \(@_@)/
( Again, thanks to Sese and Pepz for this pic)


After the event, we went outside to look and visit the booths.
As we went along, we saw this!!! A butler cafe~~
suddenly the "madam Red" urge to be served by these butlers went into character.
Sadly, the fee was expensive plus the line was soooo long! T^T
I might be the poorest Madam Red in this case...haha XD


I so love this backdrop. Fits perfectly for me I must say. Yuu and I had a free picture taken there and a free print as our dear remembrance. (Thanks to z3ll for this stolen pic! XD paparazzi mode much? Sorry if I got stranded for a while..>_<)



Did a mini-shoot outside aith z3ll and aruki. Thank you so much for the pictures lovely friends!!! Really A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!


We got to meet Shiroin! He's a superb and famous cosplay photographer~
Like Hexlord, I really love his works and he's funny too~ as you can see. XD
and surprisingly, we live in the same hostel. Small world? XD
(Thanks to z3ll for this pic!)


and speaking of another famous cosplay photographer with a "shiro" in his name, my friends and I got to meet Shiro Ang as well! Thanks to mom Sese.
His works are also captivating. Shoti and I love his pictures not only because they're awesome but somehow they (Shoti and Shiro) have the same portraiture style.


I feel so honored and happy that he took a shot of me as Madam Red. You don't get this chance quite often if your miles away from a cosplay photographer that you truly admire. Thank you Shiro Ang!


At first I thought I was having a hallucination but I tried to check again and YES!!! YES IT IS!!!
It's one of my cosplay idols Sara!!! Love his cosplay. You can say that he's like Kaname's little brother somehow. XD


Another cosplay Idol!!! Lenneth!!! She is really cute in person~ and quite fun to talk too~ ^3^
(Thanks to z3ll for this pic)


We met Cvy too!!! She is such an awesome cosplayer! I personally lover her Steam Punk Rabbit~
Such a sweet person too~ X3
(Thanks to Aruki for this pic!)

Got to meet new Idols too! Like Kureya (puprle hair) and Yang (white hair). They are so friendly~ I had a blast talking to them when we had our dinner. They were so accommodating. Thank you so much girls!


Love ko 'to~~~ Happy Meal anyone? XD

We are soooooo colorful!!! Miss you so much guys!! >_<
This pic was also featured in the Cosplay Gen blog and reviews. Here's the Link.




More cosplays shots from AFA X by z3ll.

Even more pics from Aruki.

coscards, cosphotocards, business cards plus Shiroin's ID picture (LOL..he had no card that time).

"If one is estranged from oneself, then one is estranged from others too. If one is out of touch with oneself, then one cannot touch others."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh


I really had fun during the con even though I was sooooo dead tired. It was all worth it! It's experiences like these that make me not regret spending a certain amount of personal money. I can't wait for the next AFA. I'm quite sure that I'll be coming back if I have enough finances.
And next time, I'll make sure that I can go and see the concert of May'n which I missed. *sniff*>_<

To my friends, AFA X and Singapore; thank you so much for this wonderful time! I'll never forget the great moments that I had with you. Thus, the blogging! ahahah XD

1 comment: